Monday, June 14, 2010

14 June 2010

Today was such an amazing day! It actually started yesterday when a group of girls from the program and I headed out to Kings Cross, the party and club area of Sydney, for a night on the town. It was unlike anything I've ever seen before! It was such a party! All the kids here in Sydney hang out there in the hundreds of clubs and bars that line the streets in this part of the city. It was a fun time and a great way to bond with new friends.

Today, however, I got to go on a day adventure with a different group of girls in the program and bond with them. We have a good group girls (with only 4 boys!) here! Because of the jet lag, I'm having no problem waking up early in the morning, so when the group met at 10, I had been awake for hours! LOL

We started out grabbing some AMAZING pastries from a bakery down the street for breakfast.

*Sidenote: I'm surrounded by the coolest little shops! Across the street is a little Korean market that sells really good Sushi (weirdly enough!) and a chocolate shop right next to my apartment (I'm trying my darnedest to not go in, because as soon as I do, I'll never leave. LOL)

Back to the day...

We then hopped on the train from the train station that's just down the street to head to the Royal Botanical Garden. We got off the train at a place called Circular Quay (pronounced "Kay") that reminded me a lot of the Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco. There were cool street performers, including an "aboriginal group with a digeridoo player!

After walking around there for a bit, we walked to the Royal Botanical Gardens, which is very similar to Central Park in New York, in the sense that it's huge! Its almost half the size of all of Sydney! It was so beautiful and the walking path leads right up to the front steps of the Sydney Opera House. Seeing the Opera House made it feel like I really was in Australia.

Later we walked back to Circular Quay and hopped on a ferry boat to Manly Beach. It was soooo beautiful! The ferry took us right under the Sydney Harbour Bridge.


After all the beautiful sightseeing, it was time for me to get down to business. I had planned to take a test run to the place where my internship is, just so that I would know how to get there for my first day (which is tomorrow!), and its a good thing I did. Turns out that I work so far away from where I live, that the basic train pass that I had for my commute wasn't enough. I got stranded! But it was good because I could work out all the kinks and get a new pass so that my first day can go smoothly (hopefully!).

Until next time....

K

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic Kagen!
    Thank you for sharing your first day.

    ReplyDelete