Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Day 2 of NEW internship

So its day 2 of the new internship and I LOVE IT! its sooo awesome. I'm working on booking venues all through out Australia, New Zealand, and Tasmania to hold local battle of the band competitions. the winners from the local competitions will then come to Sydney for a national competition! the winners of that will then go to Kuala Lumpur to compete with other bands from all around the world for a $US 100,00 prize! its soo cool to be working on such a big level! in addition to working on a cool project, I also get to work with really cool people.

last night the whole crew went to the university of dreams seminar (every wednesday there are seminars and programs for us to go to to learn about being in the business world) last night we talked to a guy who was one of the pioneers of base jumping (jumping off of really tall things! :-P)
now you may ask....what does base jumping have to do with being in the business world? well...it was a lesson in finding something you love, and getting people to pay you to do it!

It was actually pretty cool stuff. There's a few of us in the group that have been talking about getting a group together to go sky diving...so he gave us some good pointers too.

After the seminar, we all went out to drag queen karaoke (which looks like it will be a weekly tradition!) and for the second week in a row, i forgot my camera! but it was a hoot!

A fun weekend is coming up so I'll have lots to blog about! (We're going to the blue mountians and featherdale park, which means I get to play with Koalas!)

Until then....

K

1 comment: