Another thing that is great here is beer. They have so many good beers. The first time I went out for a drink here I didn't know what to do because I didn't recognize any of the beer types, but in the two weeks I've been here (its going by so fast!) I think I've felt out the beer here and I like it! My favorite type of beer here (lol!) is called Hahn Super Dry. Its tasty! I also like the Blondie beers they have here. Another thing that is a big drink around here is different types of cider. I'm not a huge fan of these, they're wayyyy too sweet! But whatever floats your boat, right?!
Anywho, I was running a little short on a topics to talk about for today so that's what I came up with to talk about LOL....oh and also, they put sunny-side-up eggs on top of their burgers (its actually pretty good)
Time is flying by here and I'm loving every second of it, but I miss everyone back home soooo much! Its gonna be great to come back and see everyone.
After this weekend I'll upload a batch of my pictures for the site....theres a bunch on my facebook too.
So a friend of mine here, Bethany, also has a blog about the trip and she has started to include something in her blog that I want to put in mine (Thanks Bethany!). Its a slang of the day category...basically the random Aussie slang that I hear/learn everyday. Here are a few to start with (and yes, people actually do say this stuff!):
-whinge: complain
-vejjo: vegetarian
-uni: university
-trackies: track suit
-sunnies: sunglasses
-vejjo: vegetarian
-uni: university
-trackies: track suit
-sunnies: sunglasses
-not the full quid: not bright intellectually
-op shop: opportunity shop, thrift store, place where second hand goods are sold.
-pash: a long passionate kiss; hence "pashing on"
-rip snorter: great, fantastic - "it was a rip snorter of a party"
-surfies: people who go surfing - usually more often than they go to work!
-op shop: opportunity shop, thrift store, place where second hand goods are sold.
-pash: a long passionate kiss; hence "pashing on"
-rip snorter: great, fantastic - "it was a rip snorter of a party"
-surfies: people who go surfing - usually more often than they go to work!
-swagman: tramp, hob
-footy: Australian Rules football
-frog in a sock, as cross as a: sounding angry - a person or your hard drive!
-furphy: false or unreliable rumour
-fair dinkum: true, genuine
-g'day: hello!
-frog in a sock, as cross as a: sounding angry - a person or your hard drive!
-furphy: false or unreliable rumour
-fair dinkum: true, genuine
-g'day: hello!
-chewie: chewing gum
-chokkie: chocolate
-chuck a sickie: take the day off sick from work when you're perfectly healthy
-chokkie: chocolate
-chuck a sickie: take the day off sick from work when you're perfectly healthy
-dead horse: tomato sauce (ketchup)
-esky: large insulated food/drink container for picnics, barbecues etc.
-spunk: hottie, sexy, or good looking
-cane it: drive fast, accelerate
-carpet grubs: children
-built like a brick shit house: well built
-catch forty winks: a short nap
-bludger: lazy person
-blue murder: serious trouble
-boiler: an old woman
-bonzer!: very good!
-goodanya: good job!
-boofhead: stupid person
more are too come!! and also....random fact about AU: 9/10 of the world's most poisonous spiders are here in Australia (what was i thinking coming here!)
Until later....
K
p.s. this post is really demonstrative of my A.D.D. lol
No comments:
Post a Comment