Sunday, June 13, 2010

Landing in Sydney

Since landing in Sydney almost two days ago, I've learned that I absolutely love it here! I'm not sure what it is about this new place but I can't find anything wrong with it! I didn't even mind waiting in Customs/Quarantine lines for over an hour. I had a smile on my face the whole time!

I am living in a beautiful little apartment in the Central Business District of Sydney right on the outskirts of Chinatown. The first day in town, all the girls in our group and I explored all of Chinatown and it was so interesting to see the hybrid Chinese-Australian culture. Later that night, a few new friends and I went to an Irish Pub down the street and watched the World Cup. Wow, do Australians and Irishmen know how to make watching Soccor...ehem... futbol fun!

Today, the program I'm here with held a small get together/ info session to teach us about Australian culture. I learned a lot and am excited to put the new vocabulary to work as well as share Aussie traditions like the Tim Tam Slam with everyone back home.

Tomorrow is our first real free day to do what we want so I'm excited about all the possibilities.

Until then....

Love,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment