I'm not really sure what to say in this entry tonight. My first day came and went and I'm sad to say I would definitely classify it in the "awful" category. It just was not what I was expecting at all. The good news is... I was on Australian news all day long though. I was placed at a desk that was right behind the news desk, so I was in the background of all of the broadcasts LOL. Other than that though, I'm feeling pretty discouraged about the internship. It was so bad I had to make that long distance call back home to my Mama, cuz she always knows what to say when I'm down! I'm feeling like I'm not exactly what they're looking for, and its not what I am looking for. I'm here to learn from the best and to find my passion in life. They want someone who knows everything already and can just do the filler work. Its definitely a sink or swim moment for me right now. I'm gonna give it all I've got for the rest of the week to see if it gets any better, but I fear I might be looking for an alternate opportunity in the near future :-(
Came home and took a hot bath and just prayed that tomorrow will be better!
Until then....
K
Hang in there and until it gets better, be honest and say you don't know (no one knows it all and people are empathetic) and use your intuition - it works!
ReplyDeleteHope you having fun(:
ReplyDeleteKagen-- I feel your pain! I remember so many jobs like that! Tough it out though, the first week is some times like trial by fire, then they realize you're brand new and start helping you out. If it doesn't work out, you'll totally find something better... don't worry too much!
ReplyDelete